Monday, January 9, 2012

new year, new work....new agenda!

 So! what a better way for an artist to start a new year other than to put up more "trabajo". I usually have a bunch of different ideas that I like to sketch or observational drawings or what not, this time around I found myself working on a couple of personal projects outside of the usual sketches....

One was a drawing I did for my nephew's birthday, the idea was to have Harry Potter fly around Hogwarts in a griffin. The good news was he loved it! :) the bad news was I didn't get a chance to scan in the final :( BUT I do have the sketches for it below....


Next up! only the most awesome mini-series on TV (in my humble opinion) Boardwalk Empire...I couldn't help but do sketches of James Darmody and Richard Harrow, two of my fav characters.  For James I used a black colored pencil, it was something different but i like that I can get broader lines for the buildup to the detailed stage in my sketches....also I did a sketch of a tree, I love to draw organic shapes.






 Finally an illustration I did for my brother for xmas...he took this photo of the Eiffel Tower while is Paris. Im not too thrilled on the proportions or accuracy of the photo in my art, but I decided to put it up anyways just to show how much observational/practice "stuff" I do on my own time. Hope ya like it.

Now that I uploaded this stufff....I hope to put more portfolio work, ESPECIALLY colored work, I have way too much b/w on my blog/portfolio. So hope you guys can join me in getting a new portfolio out there with feedback and critiques, my page has been getting traffic which is awesome. So thanx guys for checking out my stuff and hope to hear you all continue to check in. On to another year of  'art hustlin'!

E

No comments: