Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sketches for May

So I'm gonna try something new here and post pages from my sketchbook, now here's the catch....it can be pictures of anything and everything....from drawings I did after watching a movie to practicing drawing women, creatures, animals...you name it.

This is all a way to "bleed" out ideas and any creative subject matter I have in mind at that moment....

random pirate sketches with a freehand sketch of good ol' Jack Sparrow


facial sketches based off the movie "The Pianist"

sketches of Stalin (don't ask why) and Charles Bukowski, an author known for his drinking and swearing


facial studies off of pics on google, including David Beckham (a bad one at that)


Kim Kardashian or at least the ones that look like her

hair studies and a random Lindsey Lohan pic
a Frank Frazetta pic I freehand copied and more hair studies


I was watching Ken Burns documentary "The Civil War" and was inspired to do pics of people featured in it....one being William Tecumseh Sherman and the other Abraham Lincoln

a roman solider in an action pose


more roman-themed drawings


conceptual sketches of a grim reaper-esque character


I found some cool photos dating back to WWI and decided to do studies of them
drawings I did using photo references for a character I made up


and finally D-Rose!! hope you liked them :)

No comments: